If you’re in the market to sell your home, you know that you need a fantastic looking property. If you have a great home, if the hardscape or yard looks bad, it’s going to reflect poorly on your perceived home value. If you’re not taking care of the details of your property, you’re going to take a hit when you’re asking for more than you should. Painting the white picket fence out front is a good finishing touch for your property’s appearance.
So is finishing up the garage.
Garage Finishing Tips
Here’s a few tips for making your garage look great when you’re getting ready to sell your home:
- Make sure it’s super clean. No one wants to see any dirt on the floors or stains anywhere. Make sure it’s as clean as possible. Make sure you higher a recommended oil stain removal company.
- Be sure you get a good paint job. If your garage is unpainted, it can look unprofessional and lower the value of your home. It’s a simple job, so just make sure you get it painted before you put it on the market.
- Get a garage floor epoxy. This is an amazing surface finish that will have your garage looking amazing. No doubt about it that you can add value if you make your garage floor look amazingly beautiful. Especially true if you’re selling to a guy who loves the garage and loves to work on cars.
- Make sure the garage door opener works. This is very very simple but it looks so bad if your ‘clicker’ isn’t working. You can get one from HomeDepot.com and they cost under $40.
- Make sure all the outlets work. If you have outlets that aren’t working in your garage, that will usually chase away potential prospects from buying your home. We’ve seen it time and time again.
- Make sure the outside of the garage is pained and the gutters are working. One time, we had a home we were showing and it damn near collapsed in on itself because of all the crap on the roof. It was embarrassing for us and the homeowners, so make sure you’re taking care of the outside too because that can also lead to problems.
If anyone has anything to add to this, please feel free to contact us or post a comment or get a hold of us on social media!